ANDY WEIR: The Martian, A Signed Edition
brilliant and breathtaking novel of survival, signed by the author. A devastating storm besets a manned trip to Mars, killing one astronaut and forcing the mission back to earth. Only Mark Watney wasn’t killed. Now, he is alone on Mars and must use all his scientific training to survive until NASA can rescue him.
A leather-bound signed edition of this science fiction tour de force! Each copy is bound in genuine leather and accented on the spine in 22kt gold. The page ends are beautifully gilded and the endpapers are made of moire fabric. The paper is acid-neutral so that the pages will never turn yellow or brittle - and the pages are Smyth-sewn into the binding so that your book will last for generations.
6” x 9”, 384pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spine.
- Personally signed by Andy Weir.
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Gilded page ends.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Quotes from The Martian:
“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.”
“I guess you could call it a "failure", but I prefer the term "learning experience".”
“Everything went great right up to the explosion.”
“He’s stuck out there. He thinks he’s totally alone and that we all gave up on him. What kind of effect does that have on a man’s psychology?” He turned back to Venkat. “I wonder what he’s thinking right now.”
LOG ENTRY: SOL 61 How come Aquaman can control whales? They’re mammals! Makes no sense.”
This Easton Press Deluxe Edition is printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.