J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S BEREN AND LÚTHIEN
The deeply personal and moving tale by the immortal fantasy author…
Recovering, with the aid of his still-new wife, Edith, from the physical and spiritual wounds he suffered in World War I, J.R.R. Tolkien over one hundred years ago wrote a tale of star-crossed lovers, Beren and Lúthien, and the quest which would allow them to wed. Christopher Tolkien had reconstructed his father's most personal tale and presented it for the first time as a continuous and stand-alone story.
With full color illustrations by Academy Award-winning illustrator, Alan Lee.
- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", 288pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spine.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Standard shipping included at no additional charge.