His designs were strictly honourable, as the phrase is; that is, to rob a lady of her fortune by way of marriage.
Ribald and rollicking, Tom Jones is Fielding's comic classic of a young man's coming-of-age. While recognized today as a landmark of the English novel, Dr. Johnson once observed, "I am sorry to hear you have read it; a confession which no modest lady should ever make."
- 6 1/4" x 9 1/4", 800pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold deeply inlaid on the “hubbed” spine.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Bound in the USA. Imported materials.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.