O. HENRY STORIES
Personally signed by artist Caniglia.
The Gift of the Magi … The Ransom of Red Chief … The Last Leaf. These are just some of the beloved stories from America’s immortal master of irony, O. Henry, in this exclusive leather-bound Deluxe Limited Edition featuring 10 full-color illustrations by the award-winning artist Caniglia. Specially commissioned for this work, the illustrations reflect the artist's rich emotional content and training in Old Master techniques.
10 full-color plates, including a frontispiece portrait of the author, are hand-tipped in and protected by translucent overlays. The book also features several evocative sepia illustrations by the artist. A crushed velvet-lined, cloth-bound slipcase boasts a haunting full-color plate, providing both beauty and protection for the two-color cover design of this leather-bound limited edition. A limited edition of just 1200.
Printed and bound in the USA.
9” x 11”, 208pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spine.
- Full-color images are exclusive to this volume, hand-tipped into the book and protected by translucent overlays.
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Handsome endpages illustrated with images of the pocket watch from The Gift of the Magi and the leaf from The Last Leaf.
- Gilded page ends and a satin-ribbon page marker.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
"One dollar and eighty-seven cents. And the next day would be Christmas." - From The Gift of the Magi
"Whenever my patient begins to count the carriages in her funeral procession I subtract 50 per cent from the curative power of medicines." - From The Last Leaf
About the Author.
As William Sydney Porter, he was a bank teller who was arrested for embezzlement. Under his pen name of O. Henry, though, he became a writer who charmed America and the world with his ironic tales of ordinary folk trying to live and love, and to overcome odds that seem stacked against them.
It was said that he got his ideas from spending time in hotel lobbies and listening in on the conversations of the people he found there. Perhaps that is why., for over 100 years, his stories still ring so true.
Has there ever been a story that captures the healing power of art as well as The Last Leaf? Is any Christmas season complete without the great story of selfless love found in The Gift of the Magi?
Now, Easton Press has commissioned the award-winning artist Caniglia to create an exclusive original Deluxe Illustrated Edition O. HENRY: STORIES. This volume is strictly limited to 1,200 hand-numbered copies each personally autographed by the artist Caniglia.
About the artist.
Born July 13th 1970 in Omaha, Nebraska. Caniglia is an internationally acclaimed and award winning artist, teacher, and cutting edge commercial illustrator. A successful painter, his work is in private collections around the world. His art is published worldwide on a regular basis and he has contributed to both joint and solo fine art exhibitions at Museums and Galleries.
Caniglia was nominated in 2003 and 2004 for the International Horror Guild Award for best artist in dark fantasy and horror. In 2004 he won the prestigious award. In 2005 he received his first World Fantasy nomination for Best Artist in Fantasy.
Table of Contents
The Gift of the Magi
The Cop and the Anthem
The Ransom of Red Chief
Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen
The Duplicity of Hargraves
A Municipal Report
Mammon and the Archer
An Unfinished Story
A Blackjack Bargainer
A Lickpenny Lover
A Retrieved Reformation
The Last Leaf
Printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.