RETURN OF A KING: THE BATTLE FOR AFGHANISTAN, 1839-42
“Brilliant. . . . The fullest and most powerful description of the West’s first encounter with Afghan society.” —The New York Times Book Review
In 1839, nearly 20,000 British troops installed the exiled Shah Shuja on the Afghanistan throne as their puppet. After little more than two years, the Afghans exploded into rebellion. A compelling story of colonial humiliation with insights and lessons for today.
6 ½” x 9 ¼”, 515pp
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.