Washington Irving's THE LIFE OF GEORGE WASHINGTON
A whole new way to imagine the cloth-bound book.
Your bookshelves will never be the same!
The beloved illustrated biography of George Washington, first published in 1857 by the great Washington Irving. Featuring custom-designed dust jackets that when placed side by side, reproduce the famous 1851 painting of Washington Crossing the Delaware, this is the first offer in the Easton Press BY DESIGN clothbound imprint.
This Easton BY DESIGN book features 22kt gold accents and title inlays on the spine.
Acid-neutral pages that are Smyth-sewn, not just glued, to last for generations.
Traditional Parchment endsheets and heavy-duty binding boards for beauty and strength.
Satin-ribbon page markers for an elegant finishing touch.
Printed and bound in the USA.
Limited to just 1,000 sets!
An exclusive edition from Easton By Design ...
- This beautiful 5-volume set displays the meticulous craftsmanship and premium material you expect from Easton Press, the acknowledged leader in state-of-the-art handcrafted luxury bookmaking.
- The spines feature glowing 22kt gold accents and title inlays. Text and illustrations are printed on specially milled acid-neutral, archival-quality paper that is luxurious to see and touch and will not yellow or fade with age. The pages are Smyth-sewn into the bindings with sturdy thread, not merely glued as in ordinary books.
- Traditional parchment endsheets, heavy-duty binding boards, a satin-ribbon page marker – every detail affirms these books are the work of proud American craftsmen committed to excellence.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
The fully illustrated biography of America's first President and hero…
Featuring all the vintage 19th century engravings.
He is the “Father of American literature,” the first distinctly American writer and first internationally acclaimed American author.
But while he gave the world Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Washington Irving believed his most important achievement was his final masterpiece, a monumental biography of his namesake and 'Father' of our country.
Now, Easton Press is proud to present that classic 5-volume 1859 biography, complete with all of the original vintage illustrations: Washington Irving's THE LIFE OF GEORGE WASHINGTON, an exclusive Easton BY DESIGN edition strictly limited to 1,000 hand-numbered sets.
Easton BY DESIGN – cloth-bound volumes of distinctive presence and beauty.
The limited edition Washington Irving's THE LIFE OF GEORGE WASHINGTON marks the debut of Easton BY DESIGN, a new imprint of Easton Press devoted to superbly made products that showcase original and distinctive decorative design.
And the Easton BY DESIGN set comes with custom designed dust jackets – created exclusively for this limited edition – that reproduce Emmanuel Gottlieb Leutze's iconic 1851 painting, Washington Crossing the Delaware, across the spines of the books when the five volumes are displayed side-by-side in their individual jackets.
The great American author's classic biography of his namesake and hero.
Named after the Revolution's hero, Irving was at age six introduced to President Washington and eventually came to know many of America's founding leaders. Drawing on extensive first-hand research, Irving devoted years to writing his masterful biography, a distinctly literary work that offered a detailed and personal portrait of a figure who was already becoming a remote legend.
Washington Irving's THE LIFE OF GEORGE WASHINGTON includes all of the original 1859 edition's 150-plus etchings and woodcuts by such important early American artists as Charles Willson Peale, the painter and Revolutionary War officer renowned for his portraits of America's founders, and F.O.C. Darly, America's first major illustrator, whose illustrations for Washington Irving's stories, James Fenimore Cooper's novels, and countless other works profoundly shaped our new nation's identity and self-image.
This Easton Press Deluxe Edition is printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.