Edward Detmold's AESOP'S FABLES
The magnificent 1909 illustrated edition, featuring all 25 full-color illustrations by the great Edward Detmold.
Aesop's Fables rank among the most popular stories ever written, and one of the greatest editions ever published in the magnificent 1909 edition featuring full-color artwork by the great Edward Detmold. The Fables of Aesop is perhaps Detmold's greatest masterpiece, and this spectacular reproduction includes all 25 stunning illustrations that bring these timeless characters to life.
This is your chance to own this stunning edition of Aesop’s Fables bound in an ivory colored leather reminiscent of old velum and accented in 22kt gold. The page-ends are gilded with a gleaming gold finish, printed on acid-neutral paper for long life and Smyth-sewn in the binding. A satin ribbon page marker adds elegance to your books. The full-color illustrations are printed on a coated paper designed to display all the rich details of Detmold’s elaborate art to their best advantage and then hand-tipped into the book, a labor intensive process almost lost in today’s world. A hand-numbered limited edition of just 800.
Printed and bound in the USA.
9 3/4" x 12", 208pp
An exclusive leather-bound Deluxe Edition recreation of the historic edition of Aesop’s Fables illustrated by Edward Detmold.
- Bound in genuine leather.
- Accented in 22 kt gold.
- Gilded page ends.
- Satin ribbon page marker.
- Pages that are Smyth-sewn into the binding.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Quotes from Aesop’s Fables
“Slow and steady wins the race.”
“Don’t put off for tomorrow what you should do today.”
“Birds of a feather flock together.”
“Please all, and you will please none.”
“Whatever you do, do with all your might.”
About the Artists
Edward Detmold (1883-1908) was a highly revered Victorian book illustrator known for his remarkable portrayal of plant and animal drawings in art. As a child prodigy, he was one of the youngest to exhibit his watercolors at the Royal Academy art institution of London. His specialty in capturing nature lends itself perfectly to the stories in Aesop’s Fables.
This Easton Press Deluxe Edition is printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.