THE VICTORIA PSALTER
The legendary 1861 volume designed by Owen Jones and dedicated to the Queen...
A magnificent oversized leather-bound volume.
One of the most spectacular editions of the Book of Psalms ever published! Beautifully designed and dramatically oversized, The Victoria Psalter stands as one of Jones' greatest accomplishments. Each page is spectacularly designed. The book features the complete text of the Book of Psalms just as it was first offered by Owen Jones.
With luxurious paper bound in a rare and unusual double-fold format, a deeply inlaid dramatic cover design, and beautiful printed marbled endpapers, this breathtaking and monumental edition beautifully recreates the crowning achievement of one of the great masters of Victorian England.
Limited to just 800 copies!
Oversized Edition (12" x 16 1/2", 108pp)
- Dramatically oversized.
- Bound in genuine leather.
- An intricate cover design based on the original cover design of 1861.
- Luxurious and extravagant "French fold" binding, just like the original work.
- Accented on the spine in 22kt gold.
- Printed marbled endpapers.
- Pages are Smyth-sewn into the binding.
- Satin ribbon page marker.
Strictly limited to 800 copies.
Printed on acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.