THE TALE OF GENJI
The acclaimed masterpiece hailed as the world's first novel…
Featuring vintage Japanese illustrations.
Hailing from the 11th century, the great masterpiece of Japanese narrative is often cited as the world’s first novel. The book covers the life of the brilliant Prince Genji and his many romances. This exclusive edition features eight vintage Japanese illustrations from the collections of the Library of Congress.
Lady Murasaki's The Tale of Genji is offered in a magnificent edition appropriate for a work of this importance. Each book is bound in genuine leather, stamped with a beautiful design, and accented in 22kt gold. The two-volume set comes housed in a custom-crafted, cloth-bound slipcase. The exquisite illustrations are printed on a special paper that resembles traditional rice paper and is designed to make the images come to life. The acid-neutral pages are Smyth-sewn into the binding for long life.
Printed and bound in the USA.
2-volume set in one shipment. 6 1/2" x 9 3/4"
- Bound in genuine leather.
- Accented with precious 22kt gold.
- Historic illustrations from the collections of The Library of Congress.
- Illustrations printed on a specialty paper resembling traditional rice paper.
- Books come in a custom-crafted, cloth-bound slipcase.
- Traditional and elegant 'hubbed' spines.
- Beautiful gilded page-ends.
- Sturdy and elegant fabric end-sheets.
- Pages are Smyth-sewn into the binding.
- Satin ribbon page markers.
- Acid-neutral paper.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
Standard shipping included at no additional charge.
Printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.