POE: STORIES & POEMS
Signed by award-winning artist John Jude Palencar
The haunting tales and poems of Edgar Allan Poe -- including The Masque of the Red Death, The Raven, The Fall of the House of Usher and others -- are offered in a Deluxe Limited Edition, featuring eight illustrations by artist John Jude Palencar. Commissioned exclusively for this volume, the illustrations brilliantly display Palencar's meticulous technical mastery and darkly surreal imagination.
Eight full-color plates, including a frontispiece, are hand-tipped in and protected by translucent overlays. Black-and-white illustrations by the artist adorn the endpapers and colophon page, and add ornamentation to each story and poem. The slipcase bears a matching full-color plate and is lined in crushed velvet to protect the deeply inlaid, two-color cover design of this leather-bound limited edition. A strictly limited, hand-numbered edition of just 1200.
Oversized volume. 9" x 11", 208pp
An exclusive signed, leather-bound Limited Edition.
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spine.
- Full-color images are exclusive to this volume, hand-tipped into the book and protected by translucent overlays.
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Handsome illustrated endpages and a satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Inventor of the psychological tale, prime shaper of the science-fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, Edgar Allan Poe's vision of the increasing strangeness of so-called 'real life' was so influential that, as Arthur Conan Doyle wrote, every latter writer “sees the footmarks of Poe always in front of him.”
And not just writers. Film-makers, musicians, painters, and comic-book artists -- modern artists and thinkers of all kinds – are also, in the words of Stephen King, “the children of Poe.”
Now, Easton Press and artist John Jude Palencar present, EDGAR ALLAN POE: STORIES & POEMS – an exclusive original Deluxe Illustrated Edition limited to 1,200 hand-numbered copies each personally autographed by the award-winning artist, John Jude Palencar.
The haunting genius of Poe and Palencar.
This beautiful limited edition collects Poe's most important and influential works: the chilling story of revenge, “The Cask of Amontillado,” the landmark of supernatural horror tale, “The Fall of the House of Usher,” the haunting poems, Annabel Lee and The Raven, and more.
“There is no exquisite beauty,” Poe once wrote, “without some strangeness,” and for this deluxe edition, Easton Press has chosen an artist who shares Poe's vision: the multiple Spectrum and Chesley Award winner, John Jude Palencar, whose evocative and disquieting images are testament to his belief “that mystery in the work is of the utmost importance.”
The Deluxe Illustrated Edition EDGAR ALLAN POE: STORIES & POEMS features eight new full-color paintings that brilliantly display Palencar's meticulous technical mastery and darkly surreal imagination – and these stunning artworks are exclusive to this limited 1,200 copy autographed Deluxe Illustrated Edition.
Table of Contents
The Cask of Amontillado
The Fall of the House of Usher
The Pit and the Pendulum
The Masque of the Red Death
The Tell-Tale Heart
The Black Cat
The Premature Burial
The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar
Printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.
Virtual Ring Sizer
1 Calibrate Your Screen
- Hold your credit card up against the screen.
- Resize the image below to fit the size of your credit card by dragging the red box at the lower right corner.
2 Choose Your Ring Size
- Hold your ring up to the screen and find a circle that completely fills the inside of the ring without overlapping.
- Click on the matching size circle.
- Then click on the green Select Size button.