THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
From the height of Imperial Rome to the fall of Byzantium, Edward Gibbon’s masterpiece is the model for how history should be written. This two-volume Deluxe Limited Edition is the perfect celebration of the great work – featuring all 57 engraved plates from a gorgeous 19th-century edition.
2-volumes in one shipment
Back in stock soon.
- 6 11/16” x 10 1/4”
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spines.
- 57 engraved plates from the 19th century.
- Custom-crafted clothbound slipcase
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Handsome moire endpages and a satin-ribbon page markers.
- Gilded page ends.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Limited, hand-numbered edition of just 600 sets.