ALICE IN WONDERLAND
The magnificent 1907 illustrated edition, featuring all 13 full-color illustrations by the great Arthur Rackham...
In 1865, Lewis Carroll created a fantastic story about a little girl tumbling down a rabbit hole, thus beginning the immortal adventures of Alice, perhaps the most popular heroine in English literature. This stunning edition of Alice in Wonderland – the legendary Arthur Rackham illustrated edition of 1907, featuring 13 full-color illustrations – ranks among the most beautiful ever created.
- 9” x 11”, 176pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold accents deeply inlaid on the "hubbed" spine.
- All 13 full color illustrations by Arthur Rackham from the legendary 1907 edition, hand-tipped into the book and protected by translucent overlays.
- Numerous additional pen & ink Rackham illustrations throughout.
- Heavy duty binding boards enhance the book’s durability.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Handsome illustrated endpages and a satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Printed and bound in the USA.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
Limited edition of just 800.
Quotes from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
About the Artist
Arthur Rackham (1867 - 1939) ranks among the greatest illustrators in English literary history. His first editions are prizes for collectors, with many selling for several thousands of dollars. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is considered one of his masterpieces.
This Easton Press Deluxe Edition is printed on archival quality, acid-neutral paper specially milled for this edition that conforms to all guidelines established for permanence and durability by the Council of Library Resources and the American National Standards Institute.