Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide to us, such as your name, mailing and shipping addresses, and purchase history. For example, if you email us or call us, we will collect the information you submit to us in your communication. If you choose to make a purchase with us, we (or our third-party processor) will collect your payment card or other purchasing information.
We may combine any information that we collect, including technical information, with the information that you choose to provide to us. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine it with the information that we collect from you.
The information we collect, have collected within the past twelve months, and may sell and disclose, or have sold or disclosed in the past twelve months is:
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or as needed to provide services to you or to advertise or market services to you. For example, we may not delete your personal information insofar as it is needed to uphold our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Digital Advertising and Analytics
To better address our products to our customers’ interests, we partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms and across multiple devices. Some of those ads are personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time and across devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You can visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program.
If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you will need to renew your opt-out choice registered through the tool above. Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
Third Party Links
Our Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on our Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
We have implemented reasonable safeguards to promote the security of the personal information that you provide to us. For example, we use the Secure Socket Layer Protocol to encrypt information that you submit to us via an Internet order.
California Residents: Rights under California Law
California Consumer Privacy Act
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling any personal information.
- The purposes for which the categories of personal information we collected will be used.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose; and, if so, any categories of personal information that were sold or disclosed, and the categories of any third parties to whom personal information was sold or disclosed.
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our agreement with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 1-800-243-5160.
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you wish to authorize another to act on your behalf, please be advised that we may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to submit a request and verify your own identity directly with us, unless the authorized agent has a power of attorney. However, you may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Our verification process works as follows:
- Password-protected accounts – if you have a password-protected account with us, we will use password authentication to verify you. If your request is for deletion of personal information, we will need to re-verify you before we delete your information.
- Non-password-protected accounts – we need to use either a two-tier or a three-tier verification process (which will depend on what type of request you are making). We will ask for you to confirm two or three pieces of information that we have on our records about you, for example:
- Your address
- Your zip code
- Your most recent purchase
- Your email address
You may make a verifiable consumer request up to two times within a 12-month period, without charge. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We try to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension time period (up to 90 days). If you have an account with us, we will deliver our response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt. The response we provide will also explain any reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
If you wish to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-243-5160. You may authorize another to submit a request to opt-out on your behalf, but only if you provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so. So as to ensure your privacy, we reserve the right to deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf. If exercised, the decision to opt-out will be valid for 12 months, at which time we may request that you authorize the sale of personal information again.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Updating Your Information
You may review, change or update your personal information under the “My Account” tab on the Site.
Children Visiting Our Website
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.