“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
A landmark work of American individualism, Walden chronicles Thoreau's time of simple living in a small cabin at Walden Pond. "[Walden] is a document of increasing pertinence," wrote E.B. White. "Each year it seems to gain a little headway, as the world loses ground."
- 5 1/4" x 8 1/4", 336pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold deeply inlaid on the “hubbed” spine.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Bound in the USA. Imported materials.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.