David Livingstone's MISSIONARY TRAVELS AND RESEARCHES IN SOUTH AFRICA
"The Nile sources are valuable only as a means of opening my mouth with power among men. It is this power which I hope to remedy an immense evil…"
The powerful 1857 memoir of the great explorer and anti-slavery crusader with all the original illustrations. David Livingstone was a physician and missionary who dedicated his life to the exploration of Africa and to the service of its people. A powerful work by the renowned crusader against the African slave trade.
Limited to just 1,200 hand-numbered copies!
- 5 1/2" x 8 3/4", 752pp
- Fully bound in genuine leather.
- 22kt gold deeply inlaid on the “hubbed” spine.
- Custom-crafted clothbound slipcase.
- Superbly printed on acid-neutral paper that lasts for generations.
- Sewn pages – not just glued like ordinary books.
- Handsome marbled endpages and a satin-ribbon page marker.
- Gilded page ends.
- Bound in the USA. Imported materials.
- Rigorous inspection at every stage ensures adherence to our exacting standards.
- Superb craftsmanship and commitment to quality.
- Standard shipping included at no additional charge.