The Walt Disney Film Archives: The Animated Movies 1921-1968
A Limited Art Edition of 2,500
Featuring 1,500 images from the “Golden Age of Animation,” The Walt Disney Film Archives presents each of the major animated features made during Walt’s lifetime – from the era of silent films through to Walt’s final masterpiece The Jungle Book.
Rare behind-the-scenes photos and story sketches from the Walt Disney Archives and Disney’s famous Animation Research Library bring new insights into all your favorite classic Disney movies.
By special arrangement with TASCHEN, a small number of the limited Art Edition have been reserved for Easton Press customers.
The Art Edition is limited to 2,500 copies. Each features a 64-page color facsimile storyboard for Mickey Mouse’s legendary appearance in “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” in Fantasia and a portfolio of five cel setups from the Silly Symphonies cartoon musicals.
This is a remarkable collector’s item for any Disney lover.
16.2" x 11.8", 620pp
- First volume of one of the most expansive illustrated publications on Disney animation.
- Limited to 2,500 copies.
- Free standard shipping included at no additional charge.
- Hardcover presented in a clamshell box with facsimile portfolio of 5 cel setups from the Silly Symphonies and a 64-page facsimile reproduction of color sketches for “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” from Fantasia, many of them designed by legendary Disney artist Tom Codrick.
- Produced with the assistance of the Walt Disney Archives and Disney’s Animation Research Library.
- Covers the Walt Disney journey from the era of silent films through to his final masterpiece The Jungle Book (1967).
- Includes the first full-length feature, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937), the landmark artistic experiment Fantasia (1940), and beloved postwar classics such as Cinderella (1950) and Peter Pan (1953).
- 1,500 illustrations and essays by eminent Disney experts.
- Masterful cel setups provide highly detailed illustrations of famous film scenes.First volume of one of the most expansive illustrated publications on Disney animation.